Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Before Photos...

The "Office"

Friends and family would probably be surprised to see this mess. When I know we are having company, I can clean up our home and make it look somewhat organized and clean. But, not so much for the day to day. My real hope in all of this is that the "day-to-day" look of the home is the same as the "we are having company over this weekend" look.
 
 
So here it is.....the office space before I attempted my first de-clutter! Probably worse than you imagined. As I said before, I picked this area to be first because it seemed easy in my mind and thought it would help me gain momentum for my stick-to-itness. Still my hope, though it is looking a bit more overwhelming at this point!
 
 
Some of the plants are losing their momentum as well in this hodge-podge mess. Hopefully once I "lighten" up this area a bit, they will do better. And maybe, just maybe...I can convince my husband that this area would look just as well with only ONE plant.
  
 
The boxes....luckily it is really more like a box with some tubs stacked in it. Tubs are one of my downfalls....I always think I will need them someday and can't stand the thought of throwing them away and then having to repurchase them later. For the sake of de-cluttering....they need to go.
 
 
The desktop....this is just shameful. I was very tempted to "straighten" it up a bit before posting, but that would totally be counter-productive since I would actually just stuff some things away, and well....out of sight, out of mind.
 
So, there you have it. The office space in all of its glory, or lack there of. I am going back to school Monday and still have a little grading and "assignments" to get done before the big day. Therefore, my hope from this point on is to post at least once or twice a week with my progress. I want to hold myself accountable, but I do not want to take time away from my family or students either. We will see how well I do with this time-management thing and follow-through....not a strength of mine either :).

No comments:

Post a Comment